Monday 4 July 2016

Sketching in the rain

It was a cold, drizzly day in Port Arthur Tasmania. I drove up to the historical site but decided against walking around in the rain, rather taking my chances on finding somewhere to sketch from my hire car. I'm so pleased I opted to have a car for the whole week away.

I started a watercolour of Carnarvon Bay, stopped after doing a few washes and then drove down to Maingon Bay Lookout near the Remarkable Cave. As it was raining quite heavily I decided on another sketch while sitting in the car with a view of the cliffs and sea. 

The watercolour earlier in the day was quite difficult to do while sitting in the car so I decided to do an ink drawing and add colour later. One of the problems was that the only cup holder was on the left so every time I wanted to wash a brush I was twisting around - not at all comfortable. 
Thanks to a good heater in the car I was warm and comfortable. When I returner back to my cottage I added the watercolour. 

Here's the drawing with the view...


Adding the grey clouds...


A little colour...

And the completed sketch...


No comments:

Post a Comment