Sunday 10 August 2014

A Tea Party

What a lovely morning - a warm sunny winter's day in Brisbane. Six of us gathered for a tea party at My Beautiful Things at The Lavender Barn in Newmarket. There were four klassmates from Sketchbook Skool Beginnings2, one of my students as well as myself. I am enrolled in the second semester - Seeing1.  We had our own little area under a gazebo with plenty of space for our Devonshire tea as well as all the sketching paraphernalia. 

We were given free rein of the shop being able to gather any props that caught our fancy. I couldn't resist the tea cosies, in fact I bought one that I had absolutely fallen in love with...well I don't have a single tea cosy so really had to have one for my tea. 

My first sketch featured this vibrant tea cosy - the clever work of Rae Cooper - Tempting Tea Cosies and oops not tea but my coffee. I realised when my coffee arrived that I had sketched this particular cup once before - but it's so pretty that I decided to paint it once more.

The Pink Teacup and Tea Cosy - ink and watercolour in S&B Alpha sketchbook. 

Now it was time for Devonshire tea. I think the staff had fun deciding which of their cups we would love the most. They didn't disappoint. I loved this cup and saucer with a harvest theme. Needless to say the fruit scone was absolutely delicious. There's space on page for some text which will follow in due course. Or I might paint the business card which is currently MIA.


Devonshire Tea - ink and watercolour - S&B Beta sketchbook

There was time for one last sketch - this was fun to paint.  

Little House Tea Cosy with Milk Jug -  ink and watercolour in S&B Alpha sketchbook. 

Please note: the top photo is a quick one with my iPhone. After so much sketching the scanning and stitching is beyond me today!

No comments:

Post a Comment