Monday 19 September 2011

Creating in the garden


The last few weeks have had an altered creative focus. I have been working in my garden. I have always had a strong connection to plants and have loved gardening. For a number of years I had a landscape design business so the task of planning a garden was a familiar one but for the first time I had a completely blank canvas in my own garden.

Since I moved into my own home in Brisbane I have been impatient to change the back yard. The small courtyard garden had been sadly neglected over the years. There’s great satisfaction in turning an empty tract of land into a beautiful garden.

Finally the hard landscaping has been done and the planting can begin. After a visit to a local nursery I came home with some favourites – a white Azalea, French lavender, scented Jasmine and a Rosemary bush.

There’s something fascinating about watching plants grow and see the first bloom on a new plant…standing idly, hose in hand, watering the garden is a good way to relax – it’s going to be such fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment